Life Update: Slowing Down and the State of the Blog
Well, this is a post I never thought I’d have to write. But here we are.
As you probably know, I’m currently expecting our second child. I am almost done with my 7th month at the time of writing. To say that the last month has been hard would be an understatement.
I’ll reveal more details in my pregnancy series, but suffice it to say here that I have a very rare, very severe pregnancy issue that came to light a month ago. I need to have an ultrasound every week. While I thought I could cope with one more doctor’s visit a week, it so happens that I have various other medical appointments in addition to those, sometimes 2-4 per week in total. The majority take place in the nearest city (farther from our local hospital, where C was born).
The purpose of this post is to inform my readers (all 2 of you? 4 at a stretch?) that sadly, I must take a sort of leave of absence from MCS, to explain why, and what my plans are going forward.
Believe me, I don’t want to stop posting on the blog. But something has to give, and unfortunately I feel in my heart of hearts that the blog is something I can sacrifice right now. It comes down to a simple calculation of how many hours I have per week (well, had). All my appointments fill up hours and hours that I can no longer devote to blogging. I definitely wish this were not the case, but it boils down to this: I don’t have to spend time on my blog, but I have to take care of my pregnancy.
It truly saddens me that I need to take a break from blogging right now. MCS is something that brought me so much joy from creating content. It’s a passion project, something that I do not even make a cent from, but something that fulfills me nonetheless. I have loved sharing content with you over the last 10 months, especially the recent pregnancy content.
I want to assure you of the following:
- The blog is not dead! It’s not going away.
- I will continue to update you in the pregnancy series. I am posting those articles with a delay. I currently have 3 more written, and I’ll schedule them to go out about once a month.
- IF I can manage it, I’d like to post other articles when possible. I have lots of ideas already that I had intended to write in the next couple of months. If I can get around to them, I’ll just post them as I have them, on no regular schedule.
- If anything, the next few months will provide me with tons MORE ideas for future articles that I’ll gladly share with you when I am able.
- I will be back on a regular posting schedule as soon as possible. I have no idea when this will be, but it is not my intention to let MCS slowly die.
The main thing to understand is that I will no longer be uploading a post every Monday as I usually did.
In addition, I will get back to the blog someday. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell when it will be possible. I just don’t know what kind of postnatal care we might need and how much that will demand of my time.
So for now, I’m slowing down. It’s not au revoir, it’s à bientôt. In the meantime, feel free to keep in touch in the comments, on my Contact page, or on Facebook.
Thank you so much for your support!